Visas for employees of International Organizations and NATO
Diplomats, government officials, and employees who will work for international organizations in the United States need G visas. Officials and employees of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) who will work for NATO in the United States need NATO visas. With the exception of a Head of State or Government who qualifies for an A visa regardless of the purpose of his or her visit to the United States, the type of visa required by a diplomat or other government official depends upon their purpose of travel to the United States. If you are an employee of an international organization or NATO personnel, who is physically present in the U.S. on assignment, G-5 and NATO-7 visa holders must reapply for their visas outside the United States.
INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION EMPLOYEES
To receive a G-1, G-2, G-3, or G-4 visa, you must be traveling to attend meetings at, visit, or work at a designated international organization. If you are entitled to a G visa, under U.S. visa law, you must receive a G visa. The exceptions to this rule are extremely limited. International organization officials and employees requiring visas include:
- G-1 – Permanent mission members of a recognized government to a designated international organization and their immediate family members
- G-2 – Representatives of a recognized government traveling temporarily to the United States to attend meetings of a designated international organization and their immediate family members
- G-3 – Representatives of non-recognized or non-member governments and their immediate family members
- G-4 – Individuals coming to the United States to take up an appointment at a designated international organization, including the United Nations, and their immediate family members
- G-5 – May be issued to personal employees or domestic workers of a G-1 – 4 visa holders.
Interested in our services? We’re here to help!
We want to know your needs exactly so that we can provide the perfect solution.
Let us know what you want and we’ll do our best to help.